Cool Tools by Hot Tools combines its 1 1/4" Conditioning Vapor Salon Flat
Iron packed with its Argan Vapor Treatment for a styling combo that will leave your
hair radiant, soft, beautiful and amazingly touchable.
The conditioning irons Nano Ceramic heat transforms the hydrating treatment
into a penetrating vapor, nourishing every strand of hair. The far-infrared heat
produces by the Nano Ceramic plates is gentle on already distressed hair.
Using LESS heat to style hair with GREAT results. Heat can be adjusted to
your individual hair type of needs.
Color loss is reduced, hair breakage is decreased, styles are ultra -soft,
shimmering and manageable. Healthy hair increases color retention.
Protection against heat damage as you style!!!
- Conditioning Steam Vents (top plate)
- Reservoir for adding Argan Vapor Treatment
- 80ml Argan Vapor Treatment included
- Reservoir compartment lock/unlock switch
- Conditioning steam ON/OFF switch
- Temperature control dial-variable heats up to 450°
- Separate ON/OFF button
- Plate locking switch for convenient travel and storage
- 8ft. swivel cord with hanging ring
- Dual Voltage - Great for travel
- 2-hour Auto Shut-Off
- Cool Tools by Hot Tools is a hair styling "system" that keeps styling temperatures low... to minimize heat damage
- Continued use will maximize shine by eliminating frizz and reducing damage
- Delivers long-lasting professional results with styling temperatures 100° lower than standard "dry styling" methods for any hair type
- Aragan Vapor locks moisture into the hair, allowing it to be styled faster and smoother than ever before while avoiding the need for high heats
- Reduce hair breakage
- Provide color shield by reducing color loss due to daily shampooing and thermal styling
- Eliminate frizz
- Diminish curl reversion
Filling the Reservoir
To obtain great results while styling, the reservoir must be filled with Cool
Tools Argan Vapor Treatment. ONLY!
WARNING: Fill the reservoir ONLY when the iron is cool.
NEVER remove the reservoir when the iron is hot.
NEVER fill the reservoir with water, or any liquid other than the Cool
Tools Argan Vapor Treatment, as this will clog the iron.
IMPORTANT: During the first few minutes of initial use, you may notice
smoke and a slight odor; this is normal and will quickly disappear.
- Remove the reservoir by sliding the reservoir compartment lock to the
unlock position, and pull the reservoir off the iron at the same time.
- Turn the reservoir over so that the rubber fill cap is facing up. Gently
pull back on the rubber fill cap, only uncovering the large fill hole. Do not
remove the entire rubber capping piece from the reservoir. The smaller hole is
a vent hole.
- Unscrew the cap on the Cool Tools Argan Vapor Treatment, provided with the
iron, and fill the reservoir. Once the reservoir is filled firmly push the
rubber cap back into place to avoid leakage. Make sure the plugs are
completely seated to avoid leaks during use.
- Turn the reservoir over so that the rubber fill cap is facing down. Insert
the front end of the reservoir first (See Pic. A) and then press down on the
back end (See Pic B) until you hear it snap securely into place.
The reservoir must be snapped in properly to avoid leakage. If you attempt to
"seat" the reservoir several times it will "pump" liquid in to the reservoir
cavity causing leakage. If this happens there will be no damage to the iron,
just clean away the overflow.
The Cool Tools™ Conditioning Vapor Flat Iron allows you to style with or without the conditioning steam. To turn steam on slide the switch, located next to the temperature dial, to the steam position. When iron is used with the Argan Vapor Treatment the rheostat can be set approximately 100 degrees less than the standard DRY heat setting that would normally be used.
If you do not want to use the conditioning steam, do not fill the reservoir, or turn the steam switch to the off position.
For a Smooth and Silky Look:
If you think that straightening your hair is damaging…think again! Now with the innovative Hot Tools® Conditioning Vapor Flat Iron you can straighten your hair and protect it at the same time.
- Hair should be clean and dried completely before using any styling tool.
Separate a 1-inch section of hair, gently place hair between the smoothing plates and clamp the straightener down firmly on the hair.
Tip:You will achieve professional results if you work from the scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Carefully slide the iron along the separated section, making sure the hair is heated and straightened all the way to the ends. The ends will probably require less heat than the hair which grows closer to the scalp.
- To create flips or curls, use rounded edge of iron’s straightening plates to curl ends out or under.
- To remove hair from the straightener release pressure and allow the hair to gently slip out from the smoothing plates.
- Repeat the process until you have achieved the look you desire.
Argan Vapor Treatment Features:
Provides the perfect combination of vitamin E and nutrient enriched formula to repair and renew the outer layers of the hair cuticle and improve your hair's condition. Use less heat to style and preserve your hairs natural luster.
Is absorbed into hair instantly, penetrating to the core of the hair shaft, adding flexibility and renewing even over-processed hair. It hydrates and protects hair from drying out while at the same time smoothing the cuticle for silky, conditioned, healthy looking styles.
1. How often will I have to refill the reservoir with Argan Vapor Treatment?
A: Usage varies depending on hair length and hair type but each fill should usually last for 2 to 3 stylings.
2. Will I be able to fill the reservoir with something other than Argan Vapor Treatment?
A: NO, It is NOT recommended. The use of other liquids may damage the Hot Tools® Conditioning Vapor Flat Iron. NEVER fill the reservoir with water, as this will clog the iron.
3. Should I use Argan Vapor Treatment every time I use the flat iron?
A: Yes, to achieve better results. The use of the Argan Vapor Treatment with the Hot Tools® Conditioning Vapor Flat Iron will leave hair looking and feeling healthier with every styling pass. The hydrating treatment is transformed into a penetrating vapor that nourishes hair. When iron is used with the Argan Vapor Treatment the rheostat can be set approximately 100 degrees less than the standard DRY heat setting that would normally be used.
4. How should I clean the flat iron and how often?
A: Unplug the iron and let it cool down before attempting any cleaning of the appliance. Product build up on the plates can damage the iron’s performance. After each use, wipe the plates and the conditioning steam vents with a soft cloth with Hot Tools® iron cleaner (model 1155 or 1156) to prevent chemical build up. Do NOT use any abrasive cleansers as this will damage the iron’s heating surface.
5. What if the reservoir is leaking?
A: Proper placement of reservoir will avoid leakage. See Filling the Reservoir instructions. If you attempt to “seat” the reservoir several times it will “pump” liquid in to the reservoir cavity causing leakage. If this happens there will be no damage to the iron, just clean away the overflow.
6. Should my iron be steaming this much?
A: Yes, do not be afraid of the hydrating steam. It is not burning your hair. It is infusing your hair with Argan, locking in moisture and protecting against heat damage. If you put your hand above the conditioning vapor, being careful not to touch the heated styling plates, you will notice the steam is a low heat, warm moisture.
7. My iron is not steaming or very little steam is coming out?
A: Make sure the steam switch (Located above the temperature dial) is in the steam position. Also check to make sure the reservoir is still filled with the Argan Vapor Treatment. You may also pump the button to increase the amount of Vapor Treatment that is reaching the styling plates.