TOP 10 ANDIS CONSUMER TIPS
1. Clippers and Trimmers: Use the adjustment feature of an adjustable blade clipper to fine tune cutting lengths. A small adjustment can make all the difference in precision blending.
2. Always start with clean dry hair. Gels and sprays make it harder to cut. Lightly moisten the hair with a spray bottle for control.
3. To avoid cutting hair too short, cut from the top of the head down to the sides.
4. Weighing the pros and cons of a corded versus a cordless model, just remember: Corded models deliver constant even power, and usually more of it. Cordless tools offer freedom from the tangle of cords and the outlet.
5. When deciding to use a clipper or a trimmer, keep these things in mind. The most significant differences are tooth width, tooth depth and blade thickness. These all add up to differences in closeness, precision, and volume of hair that can be removed. Some tools clip, some trim and finish, and still some others can do both. With some tools the capabilities are broader, others are more specialized. Don’t hesitate in calling our Andis pros in making the right decision for your needs.
6. When selecting snap-on guards, start with the longer hair guard first. You can always go shorter later.
7. Always cut hair in a well lit area.
8. Blades: Engage blades on the blade drive with the clipper running, this protects the blade drive from damage.
9. The correct way to change (remove and replace) a blade on a detachable blade clipper is by remembering this “ON-ON, OFF-EITHER”. The spring hinge on a detachable blade clipper is very strong. If you attempt to engage a blade with the clipper off the blade drive can be damaged.
10. Do not push or shove the clipper through thick hair. Let the power of the tool do the work.